[vc_row full_width=”stretch_row” bg_type=”bg_color” bg_color_value=”#dcb16d” el_class=”title-row”][vc_column][vc_column_text]


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]


The programs we offer all begin with an intake. We offer walk-in intake hours Monday-Friday from 9:00-11:00am. In order to complete an intake, you will need to bring the following information:

  • Photo ID
  • Social Security Card (if an intake is being done for a family, then social security cards for all children in the household must be presented as well)
  • An official letter stating street homelessness if that is your current situation
    • This type of letter can be obtained from another social service agency you have been involved with (such as a mental health or substance abuse service), a case manager, the police, a shelter you have been staying at such as the Salvation Army, or a pastor
    • If you are not street homeless and are sleeping on couches, living in a hotel, or have a letter of eviction, then a letter of homelessness is not required

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][ult_sticky_section stick_behaviour=”stick_with_scroll” sticky_gutter=”110″][vc_column_text css=”.vc_custom_1510345456009{border-top-width: 2px !important;border-right-width: 2px !important;border-bottom-width: 2px !important;border-left-width: 2px !important;padding-top: 0px !important;padding-right: 7px !important;padding-bottom: 5px !important;padding-left: 7px !important;background-color: #f2f2f2 !important;border-left-color: #000000 !important;border-left-style: solid !important;border-right-color: #000000 !important;border-right-style: solid !important;border-top-color: #000000 !important;border-top-style: solid !important;border-bottom-color: #000000 !important;border-bottom-style: solid !important;border-radius: 2px !important;}”]


[caldera_form id=”CF5931c07e89f35″]

[/vc_column_text][/ult_sticky_section][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]

Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)

The goal of ARCH’s Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) program is to help clients achieve housing stability through financial assistance (rental and utility deposits, rental assistance). In addition, clients’ case managers will assist them with connecting to other mainstream services and benefits. The ESG Program is a service open to eligible individuals and families in the service area who are currently experiencing homelessness. Eligible clients include: those lacking an adequate, fixed nighttime residence; those sleeping in a public or private place not suited for human habitation (i.e., vehicle, park, abandoned structure, bus station, camping ground, etc.); those currently occupying a publicly or privately owned shelter, transitional housing, or other temporary living situations paid for by government or charity programs for people with low-incomes; individuals who occupied a shelter or place not fit for human habitation and who are not exiting an institution after temporary residency; and individuals and families who are facing imminent loss of their primary nighttime residence and who lack the resources and support to otherwise identify and obtain subsequent housing options.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]

The Coordinated Appalachian Resource Extension (CARE)

The Coordinated Appalachian Resource Extension (CARE) is a coordinated intake and assessment system designed to provide people experiencing homelessness, or at imminent risk of homelessness, with coordinated access points and a coordinated intake, assessment, and process for referral to housing and services. As the primary access point, ARCH acts as the community-wide hub for other organizations, agencies, and services available to people in their times of greatest vulnerability. In addition to physical service access points (SAPs), people in need can also contact the CARE line at 1-844-989-CARE (2273) to receive screening, assessment, and referral to community resources.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]


SAMHSA’s Cooperative Agreements to Benefit Homeless Individuals (CABHI) programs help people with behavioral health issues find housing and supportive services. CABHI programs support state and local community efforts to provide behavioral health treatment and recovery-oriented services. These services are provided within a permanent supportive housing approach for people with:

– Substance use disorders
– Serious mental illness
– Serious emotional disturbance
– Co-occurring mental and substance use disorders

CABHI’s primary goal is to ensure that the most vulnerable people experiencing homelessness and chronic homelessness receive access to housing, treatment, and recovery support services. These people often include veterans, families, and youth.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]

Rapid Re-Housing

Rapid re-housing is an intervention designed to help individuals and families quickly exit homelessness and return to permanent housing. Rapid re-housing assistance is offered without preconditions — like employment, income, absence of criminal record, or sobriety — and the resources and services provided are tailored to the unique needs of the household.

1. At least an initial consultation with a case manager or other authorized representative who can determine the appropriate type of assistance to meet their needs;
2. The household must be at or below 50 percent of Area Median Income (AMI)
3. The household must be homeless and meet both of the following circumstances:
a) No appropriate subsequent housing options have been identified; and
b) The household lacks the financial resources and support networks needed to obtain immediate housing or remain in its existing housing[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]

Permanent Supportive Housing

Permanent housing (PH) is defined as community-based housing without a designated length of stay in which formerly homeless individuals and families live as independently as possible. Under PH, a program participant must be the tenant on a lease (or sublease) for an initial term of at least one year that is renewable and is terminable only for cause. Further, leases (or subleases) must be renewable for a minimum term of one month. The CoC Program funds two types of permanent housing: permanent supportive housing (PSH) for persons with disabilities and rapid re-housing. Permanent supportive housing is permanent housing with indefinite leasing or rental assistance paired with supportive services to assist homeless persons with a disability or families with an adult or child member with a disability achieve housing stability. Rapid re-housing (RRH) emphasizes housing search and relocation services and short- and medium-term rental assistance to move homeless persons and families (with or without a disability) as rapidly as possible into permanent housing.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]

Blakely House

The Blakely House, located in Kingsport, TN, is a Grant Per Diem program for homeless veterans that takes into account their specific needs. The program is specifically for male veterans who can commit to work toward becoming independent members of society. The house can accommodate 15 veterans at a time with VA approval. Once a client is stable, he can apply for housing opportunities through ARCH and the Department of Veterans Affairs. For more information about the Grant Per Diem program, call the GPD staff at 423-328-8533.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]

Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA)

In collaboration with the Kingsport Housing and Redevelopment Authority, ARCH is an access point for Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA), a HUD-funded program that addresses the needs of low-income persons impacted by HIV/AIDS. This program provides housing assistance for up to 52 individuals at a time in the eight counties of NE Tennessee, provided they have a positive diagnosis and meet income eligibility requirements. An individual or family need not be homeless to qualify for this program. Referrals must come from a physician, and ARCH can assist potential clients with enrollment.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row full_width=”stretch_row”][vc_column][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”7/12″][vc_column_text]For a list of resources and support organizations, please select location:

Bristol TN/VA
Carter County
Greene County TN
Johnson City TN
Kingsport TN
Sullivan County TN
Unicoi County
Other NE Tennessee Counties

[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]If you would like additional information regarding The Appalachian Regional Coalition On Homelessness please feel free to contact us at the information below or simply complete the form here and someone will be happy to assist you.

ARCH (Physical Address)
321 Walnut Street
Johnson City, TN 37604

ARCH (Mailing Address)
PO Box 3797
Johnson City, TN 37602

Office: 423-928-2724
Fax: 423-926-4264

Homeless? Need help?
Toll Free Numbers:

[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”5/12″][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row]